For health care organizations
The ONE Network allows health care providers to confidently share information over a high speed network specifically built in support of patient care, with safeguards in place to comply with security and privacy regulations. eHealth Ontario provides a core fibre network across the province, connecting health care providers, health organizations, health communities, vendors, health care application service providers, education/research networks and government.
The network utilizes leading edge technology to provide fast, secure and reliable service.
Data is encrypted, protecting personal information (PI) and personal health information (PHI).
Province-wide, high-speed optical network with a minimum of 10 Gbps bandwidth.
Hands off service, managed and maintained regularly.
Service availability and reliability is in line with industry standards and best practices.
- Enables the secure exchange and sharing of important patient health information among health care providers
- Protects patient health information and user account information
- Ensures security of confidential health information through modern, encrypted data protection systems
Health care professionals/health care organizations will be provided a managed private network (MPN) connection if the following eligibility criteria are met:
- The site is identified within an eligibility criteria matrix, or
- The site has an application (in production) that does ‘system to system’ transactions across the wide area network with documented, guaranteed delivery times (e.g. Enterprise Master Patient Index), or
- The site uses an approved health care application that currently cannot be securely accessed over the Internet and has been approved for application usage
- Otherwise, the public Internet will be the default method by which the site will gain access to digital health services
- Legal agreements
Ready to Get Started?
Complete the online form to submit your request.