Acute and Community Care Clinical Data
For health care organizations
The Acute and Community Care Clinical Data Repository provides access to patient information from hospitals and home and community care organizations across Ontario. It includes information about patients’ hospital visits, emergency room reports, consultation reports and discharge summaries as well as long-term placement details, client risks, assessments and care plans.
This information helps providers make better informed, faster decisions when treating their patients:
Visit/encounter details including reasons for visits, diagnosis, emergency department reports and consultation reports.
Clinical reports outlining a patient’s medical condition/findings and care during a hospital stay.
Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Home and Community Care Services information.
Clinical reports and notes from mental health hospitals as well as mental health services provided at other hospitals.
- Improves efficiency of clinical decision-making with access to relevant and reliable patient data from multiple sources across the continuum of care
- Enables the ability to track and monitor patient health outcomes with access to a patient’s complete medical history as well as their current health information
- Improves workflow and reduces dependency on paper-based systems
- Supports transfer of accurate information as a patient moves between providers and care settings
Authorized health care providers in South West Ontario can access information in the Acute and Community Care Clinical Data Repository using ClinicalConnect.
Authorized health care providers in the Greater Toronto Area and Northern and Eastern Region can view data in the Acute and Community Care Clinical Data Repository using ConnectingOntario ClinicalViewer.
ONE ID credential or federated access (to access via ConnectingOntario ClinicalViewer or ClinicalConnect)
ConnectingOntario ClinicalViewer or ClinicalConnect
- Must be a Health Information Custodian (HIC) or authorized to view under a HIC
- Legal agreements
- Privacy and security assessments