For health care organizations
The ConnectingOntario ClinicalViewer is a secure, web-based portal that provides real-time access to digital health records including dispensed medications, laboratory results, hospital visits, Local Health Integration Networks’ (LHIN) Home and Community Care Services, mental health care information, and diagnostic imaging reports and images.
Gives health care providers timely and secure access to comprehensive patient health information including:
Information from hospitals including emergency room reports and discharge summaries from the Acute and Community Care Clinical Data Repository (acCDR).
Lab, microbiology, blood bank, and pathology results from the Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS).
Publicly-funded drugs, pharmacy services and all monitored drugs from the Narcotic Monitoring System (NMS), of which all information comes from the Digital Health Drug Repository (DHDR).
Diagnostic reports and images from the Diagnostic Imaging (DI) Common Service repository.
Data and operations information on LHIN home and community care services, and information from home and community care organizations including referral details, client risks and assessments, and care plans.
- Provides a comprehensive view of a patient’s health journey regardless of where in the province the information was obtained while requiring only one username and login
- Enables health care providers to make faster, more informed care decisions
- Improves workflow and efficiencies at the point of care with a more complete picture of a patient’s health profile, available 24/7
- Reduces duplication of tests and procedures, saving time, system costs, patient discomfort and patient travel
- ONE ID credential or federated access to login using a Hospital Information System
- Minimum browser and system configuration requirements
- Must be a health care information custodian (HIC) or authorized to view through a HIC
- Legal agreements
- Privacy and security assessments
Let's determine the clinical viewer available in your region
Recent ConnectingOntario ClinicalViewer's service updates
June 29, 2019
eHealth Ontario Wins the Innovation in Care Team Delivery AwardWe are happy to announce that the LTC eConnect project won the Canadian Health Informatics Awards for Innovation in Care Delivery Team award! The award recognizes the successful implementation of a new,…
With the vast regional work that we do at UOHI, this viewer will be of great benefit in ensuring safe transitions between institutions and better overall care.
If I hadn't had access to the viewer, I wouldn't have been able to confirm my patient's medical history, including medications, and I wouldn't have been able to take the necessary interventions to educate the patient on how to take proper medications at the correct time.
I used ConnectingOntario because it allows me to check what kind of investigations and what kind of specialists my patients have seen at other centers. Some of the time, I can review this in advance and it allows me to prepare for the visits for my patients, and it also helps me avoid ordering unnecessary tests and making unnecessary referrals.